Friday, July 22, 2016

Give your child the world book club

It all starts with multi-cultural week.
This should really say... How not to make an apple pie!!! Haha! The book is super cute and worth the read. 


Last week was for Africa in our #giveyourchildtheworld book club. These are just a few of the books and materials we used. The kids favorite was my picture album from a trip to South Africa. My favorite part was after reading about Uganda in the Compassion magazine all my kids prayed for food and fresh water for these families. #readaloudrevival #compassioninternational

The Game of Mancala was originally from Africa.

We are behind due to a week of vacation but picking up on Europe now. I will say at the end of "boxes for katje" I cried. My kids immediately responded with solemn faces and questions about WWII. I pray that no matter what happens in this world they become compassionate world citizens. 

Did you know that I always associate matryoshka dolls with Russia, most people do, but they were originally made in China. I did my best while reading to produce the "hard" letter sounds in the Russian names but I can tell the kids weren't convinced that's how it really sounds 😂. 




No comments:

Post a Comment