Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hurt bird

I'm While I was at work the kids were having an adventure. Them and our neighbor, Lisa, found a hurt bird. Thankfully Lisa sent me pictures because even though it has flown away now the kids want to identify type and do a nature journal entry. Last night while cuddling before bed the big 3 were giving me all the info about it. I love the fact that Gaitz has such a beautiful vocabulary, no doubt due to being a bookworm. During his "story of the bird" he used words like nestled, fluttered and flushed out. His recount of the adventure was a beautiful story within itself! 









My kids caught a Hermit Thrush yesterday with our neighbor, so today we used it for nature journaling. Birds are a fascinating part of wildlife that I've completely ignored in the past but recently with the Cornell Merlin Bird ID app and John Muir Laws you tube tutorials I'm appreciating them more! This species lays 3-4 blue green eggs in a nest on the ground. Apparently their songs is considered to be one of the most beautiful of all eastern song birds. (You tube search has great examples!) #merlin #johnmuirlaws #naturestudy #naturejournaling







No comments:

Post a Comment