Saturday, December 19, 2015

Missing Toad

Thursday morning, cold and rainy... I found a toad in the carport.
Of course, I brought him in to Merritt.
I thought he could stay awhile until
the weather was slightly warmer....
you know just a couple days.
That afternoon while retrieving my big kids from
the school bus, Mr. Toady went missing.
 


 

 


Look at those cranial crest and parotid glands.
(American toad the crest never touch the glands)
According to Audubon field guides he is
probably a Bufo Americanus.
 






 
This is what I look like after hunting under all the furniture
and realizing how nasty it is under there!!
Cory and I heard him chirp once during the night
but couldn't locate.
 
 
After 33 hours and 58 minutes, Gaitz and Boone,
completed the search and rescue.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment