Saturday, October 1, 2016

Muscle release surgery

Merritt had Botox on Wednesday and torticollis release surgery on Friday. This child is a trooper. After Botox on Wednesday, as we were getting in the car, she said "mama, I'm sorry I cried." While I hugged her tight I reassured her I would've cried too! The big brave girl walked to hall to the OR,  some reason she didn't want me to carry her. She laid in the table and allowed them to place the gas mask without complaint. Thankfully they allowed me to hold her hand till she was asleep. She recovered like a champ without crying and never spoke of pain or irritation from the collar... Which she must wear for a week. Things about this day I want to remember 

Craig and Catherine coming out beforehand to pray.
My mom delivering a gift from sweet Vickie Olivent and praying with us in the kitchen. 
Tom Gavin driving all the way to Atlanta and keeping Cory occupied during the wait!
Merritt coloring excessively till surgery time. 
Her and I buying and reading the kissing hand before the doctor came in. 
The way she looked like she was praying as she slept off the anesthesia. 
Then devouring a Popsicle so she could go home.
My in laws always stepping up to the plate and keeping the big kids overnight!
ALL praying and words of encouragement from family and friends!
The next morning... Acting like nothing happened! 
When she gave me a high five after I said "just 7 days of this collar... We can do this right?"... "Yes, Mama!"






No comments:

Post a Comment